Saturday, September 8, 2012

Living the Parisien life


Paris; the city that warms all women's hearts with its Laduree macarons, impressing theatres and -above all- inhabitants dressed in style. I keep wondering what it is exactly that they have that makes me want to speak french fluently and bake madeleines. They walk, they talk and they dress as if style is a natural gift. I know, this version of Paris seems more romantically put like Woody Allen's movies, but still. The thing I love most about Paris, are the secret places hidden between le marais' bakeries, libraries and courtyards. This is how I came across Le marché des enfants rouges. In short (as if I am capable of explaining something in short..), it is a 'covered foodmarket' in the middle of le Marais. Italian, greek, maroccan, french or any other kind of food you can possibly think of: you name it, they've got it. Not only is the food to die for, it also is filled with the classy parisien young hipster kind of type. You know, the ones you can't stop looking at untill they look back as if they've noticed you're obsessing over their clothing. Not to mention the location. You could place me in a cartboard box in the middle of le Marais, and I would still be adoring it. Enough said, just go there when you get the chance. Unlike all the dresses you've bought but ended up in the back of your closet; you actually won't regret this. 

Marche des Enfants Rouges
39 Rue de Bretagne
mon-thur 08.30-19.30
fri-sat 08.30-20.00
sun 08.30-14.00

No comments:

Post a Comment