Thursday, September 13, 2012

DIY navajo-studded bracelet

As I am the biggest brainstormer of them all, there are always images of jewelry, clothing, shoes, (boys) and furniture dancing around my head. This leads me to some serious trouble, since not every little thing I dream about is available at all times. I guess this is how menkind discovered the term Do It Yourself, aka DIY.  Anyway, I wanted to share this do it yourself-bracelet, because I have looked all over Amsterdam for it and came home tired and disappointed every time. How to make it is very, very simple..but don't think it will be done and over in two minutes, because you will be hammering for a while! (warning: do not do this when your parents are at home. Trust me, it drives them crazy). You can find the bracelets anywhere, from markets, tourist hotspots and especially at those little markets you can find in the morning in countries like France or Spain..Get your studs and spikes at a shop that sells them, find the store nearest to you on internet! I got them at Jan de Klein Vakman at the Albert Cuyp market, but they were quite expensive....Anyways, it's just an idea. Remember: women can be rather handy, we just have to really want to do it (instead of leaving it to men)!

Here's the result!
Love,

Noor


2 comments: