Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spot of the day: American Bookstore Spui Amsterdam

There are those times when you just wish you weren't surrounded by people who think their crazy ugly glasses makes them have an individual style, speak english as if they've never spoken it before or say things they don't even mean. The big F and long-lasting furrow stamped on my forehead are my way of saying; i'm not like you. Well at least, that is the main thing i'm avoiding in my life. But whenever those people i fear most are everywhere to be seen, there is one place where any normal human being can find me; the American Bookstore. Whether I'm reading Magnolia Bakery's cookbook or just flipping through some embarrassing family pictures, this is a home. Hours pass by as summer does. Here are a few of my favourite books which make me laugh, cry or even dribble...


  1. Post Secret - this is a book full of 'extraordinary confessions from ordinary lives', such as: 'I waste office supplies because i hate my boss' or 'i love getting my period, it gives me an excuse to be bitchy and irritable'. 
  2. I love your style by Amanda Brooks - tips, inspiration and the roots of style; how to define and refine your personal style.
  3. Teen Vogue - this book full of clothing and style crushes really just makes your jaw drop. 
  4. Wreck this Journal - this is really cool! Every page gives you an assignment which leaves you with an amazing piece of art in the end. You have to draw, paint, cut, paste and think, and eventually, you made yourself a book full of creativity. 
  5. Taschen's New York - whether you like NYC, Paris, Berlin or London; Taschen's tells you exactly which restaurants, shops and hotels to visit. 
  6. Young sleek and full of hell - an amazing book of well-taken pictures which produce the exact feeling New York gives you. 

2 comments:

  1. ik ga echt die eerste kopen!! lijkt me echt te grappig!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het is echt een hilarisch boek, maar echt, en hij was volgens mij 22 euro dus dat valt wel mee..ze hebben daar zo veel geweldige boeken, ik stalk die winkel echt

    ReplyDelete